OK, so I realize part one of my annual goal review was a whopper of a post, and I’ll do my best to keep this one more brief. I hope you took the time to review your goals from this last year and found the process just as rewarding.
As I did with my goals from 2009, I found it helpful to break my goals down into categories. That may or may not work for you. My goals for 2010 are (and you can also find this page at the top of Tenacious Me):
- Get at least a “B” or above in all my MBA classes. Read my MBA advice and tips.
- Acquire at least double the readership of this year for Tenacious Me.
- Switch Tenacious Me’s home from wordpress.com to wordpress.org.
- Redesign the Tenacious Me banner.
- Adhere to a posting schedule of two posts per week, Monday and Thursday.
- Create a free e-book.
- Start resume consulting service.
- Secure a new, ongoing freelance writing position, if applicable.
- Complete three chapters of my novel.
- Continue brainstorming and gathering information for other side business ideas.
- Continue our “date night” at least twice per month.
- Organize a reunion with friends at Ohio University this summer.
- Call friends I don’t get to see on a regular basis more often.
- Enroll in the nonprofit credit counseling service AAA Fair Credit Foundation to consolidate all our credit card debt and get our credit card interest rates lowered.
- Build a sustainable emergency savings fund (one that we’re not dipping into every month or two).
- Write once a month to my sponsor sister through Women for Women International.
- Fundraise for at least one charity event, most likely through a 5K or 10K run.
- Restart my volunteering at Laura’s House.
- Donate several bags of unused clothes and other items to charity.
Exercise and Fitness Goals:
- Run one mile in under eight minutes. (At some point in time, I read that when you’re “in shape,” you can run a mile in eight minutes or less.)
- Run at least one charity 5K or 10K. I’d like to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure again and hopefully, this year I can do the Turkey Trot that helps the homeless in Orange County. (Read more about the Breast Team Ever and the 5K we ran.)
- Exercise five to six days per week. (Remember: A 20-minute walk around the neighborhood counts as much as a one-hour gym class.)
Diet and Nutrition Goals:
- Keep up the good work! Continue to add more fruits and vegetables to my meals.
- Drink at least 16 ounces of water daily.
- Meditate during or after (almost) daily workouts.
- Practice what I preach: Keep my priorities in line with my goals every day.
- Focus more on what I have accomplished instead of what I have not.
- Practice daily gratitude.
- Redesign at least two rooms in our apartment.
- Spend 10 minutes in the morning tidying before I go to work.
What are your goals for 2010?
Did this post inspire you? If so, please share it with others. Thanks!